Friday, March 29, 2013

{Yokomo}

Yokomo is a sushi place from my country. Yokomo is from the phrase "Yo como which means "I eat"in Spanish. They change the c for the k to make it sounds more Japanese -ish. I've been ordering sushi from there for a really long time but, sadly, I've only been to the actual place once.

What makes it different from other sushi places is that it incorporates Dominican vibes to their menu. Just by reading the roll names {Rollito Play Be, Fuin Fuan Roll, Ñikiti Roll} you get the general idea but one of the things that caught my attention was the design. The palce is full of design. From the walls to the tables it has art plaster all over the place.

The other day, while I was waiting for my teacher to arrive, I started doodling and ended up doing something related to Yokomo. After scanning the drawing I didn't like how the colors turned out so I decided to make it a digital thing. 2 days later, I finally finished it!


Even though those 2 days felt like the longest days of my life, I'm actually proud of how it turned since  turning regular drawing into digital is not exactly my forte. Some of the shades makes me cringe but hey, at least it's something. I'll try to fix them some time.


Welcome to Japan by The Strokes

No comments :

Post a Comment