Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{A present for Geo}

Hello there!
Going back to what has become the best summer of my life, Natali, Patricia and I wanted to give George, our department supervisor, a little something. As many of you might know, I prefer handmade gifts over generic buy-from-a-store ones. The original plan was to make a portrait of Britney Spears out of bottle caps {people who worked at the bar always save the beer caps for us}. I didn't worked out. In the end I draw a black and white portrait of Britney Spears.

Me and the girls went to Goodwill to find a decent frame to put the drawing when all of the sudden, we found a badass frame: It had a big cork board and three photo frames. What we decided was that we were going to take photos of ourselves holding George's name. Me being me, I painted my face and the girls' faces.






He loved it! Success. The day of the last employees party the park throw, he put it outside for everyone to see. I felt ~special~ {not really but you get the idea.


Materials:

  • Acrylic paint.
  • Pencils.
  • Cardboard.
  • Markers.
  • Big photo frame.

1 comment :