Monday, December 15, 2014

{Café 401}

Hello!
It's been 6 months since my last entry. Little bit sad about it BUT I've been all kinds of busy. First of all, I've been working since June for a digital agency as a graphic designer which means my free time has gone from 90% to 20%. University is driving me insane BUT I finally finished this semester and the next semester is my last one taking classes, and {hopefully} I'll be done with university next year. Yay!

Anyway, one of my friends from work told me he had a friend who opened a cafe recently and was looking for someone to paint the door and glass of the shop. For some divine reason, he thought of me and that's how I pretty much got the chance to paint a big piece for a local cafe, Cafe401

I made the illustration in Illustrator, printed the whole thing out {NEVER print a 106" x 86" or something piece on a bunch 8.5" x 11" it's going to be a nightmare, it's going to be hell} I was nervous, dizzy, excited, giggling last Thursday  as I went to the cafe and put everything together.

From 18.00 til' 23.00 I was painting non-stop {ok, I did stop for some food and water. I NEED MY FOOD AND WATER} and the result was pretty much satisfying.  Here's a little hyper lapse of the door and the papers and whatnot.
 I didn't have the chance to take what you might call "decent photos" but my friend took some random ones that will {sort of} let you see the whole thing. I will eventually take some time to take some photos of the whole thing.



♫ Quédate Luna by Devendra Banhart 

No comments :

Post a Comment